Chives Allium schoenoprasum
Culinary Chives are the most delicate member of the onion family and one of the finest herbs of French cuisine.
Although delicate, chives herbs are hardy perennial herbs with a mild onion taste making it an essential culinary herb. The beautiful pink flower heads are a nice addition to salads and vinegar. Chives are a great addition to any garden setting.
Plant chives in ordinary, well-drained soil. Snip and chop hollow green spears as needed. Chives grow to a height of 10 inches and can be spaced 15 inches apart. This is just the right size for transplanting.
Chives ships in Pint Pots.
Please note: Cannot ship this plant variety to ID.
Plants shipping to CA and AZ addresses may be partially bare rooted before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Perennials, Perennial Plants, Herb Plants
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Dry, Well Drained
- Bloom Season: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Bloom Color: Purple
- Mature Height: 0 - 1ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|