Free gardening gloves when you spend $75.00 or more!
Apache Blackberry Plants Tissue Culture
Why are Tissue Culture grown fruiting plants exciting and why should you choose to plant them?
- Consistent Quality - Tissue Culture produced plants are clones of the parent plants and have the same growing characteristics. That is why parent plant selection is key in Tissue Culture. The best of the best plants in each variety are chosen to be cloned.
- Vigor - Because Tissue Culture plants are continually in growth mode their first year, container grown TC plants don't stop growing until frosts hit in fall.
- Superior Branching - Selecting the best of the best for parent stock allows for choosing plants of the varieties that produce stronger branching for more blooms and heavier crops.
- True to Type - Tissue Culture is where plants are reproduced or cloned in a lab to create the exact same plant as the parent plant.
Apache Blackberry bushes are thornless shrubs that produce sweet blackberries. This variety is excellent for home gardens and beginner gardeners. It yields larger fruit and in larger quantities that other previously released blackberry cultivars.
- Produces large fruit with sweet flavor
- Floricane (produces on 2nd year wood)
- Grows in zones 5 to 9
- Plant in full sun
- Thornless blackberry
- Can grow erect without trellis - tip canes at 42 inches to control lenght and encourage lateral growth
- Produces late June/early July
- Yields 2 to 4 quarts per vine
- Chill requirements - 500 to 600 hours
- Excellent for local or you pick operations
- Jams & jellies
Rubus 'Apache' PP11,865
How to Grow Blackberry and Raspberry Plants
Our Apache Blackberry plants are currently growing in 3.5 inch pots and Quart Pots. Height will vary according to the time of year shipped. Plants are generally upsized into 3.5 inch pots in late winter so by May are in the 4 to 6 inch height range. By mid summer growth has kicked into full speed ahead with some plants getting upsized into quart pots.
Plants cannot ship into California.
- Category: Fruit Plants, Blackberry Bushes
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Soil Condition: Well Drained
- Mature Height: 4 - 5ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|