Free gardening gloves when you spend $75.00 or more!
Arapaho Blackberry Plants Tissue Culture
Why are Tissue Culture grown fruiting plants exciting and why should you choose to plant them?
- Consistent Quality - Tissue Culture produced plants are clones of the parent plants and have the same growing characteristics. That is why parent plant selection is key in Tissue Culture. The best of the best plants in each variety are chosen to be cloned.
- Vigor - Because Tissue Culture plants are continually in growth mode their first year, container grown TC plants don't stop growing until frosts hit in fall.
- Superior Branching - Selecting the best of the best for parent stock allows for choosing plants of the varieties that produce stronger branching for more blooms and heavier crops.
- True to Type - Tissue Culture is where plants are reproduced or cloned in a lab to create the exact same plant as the parent plant.
Arapaho Blackberry plants are self-fertile and fast growing. They do not require another blackberry plant to produce fruits. If not pruned, canes will require trellising or an arbor for support.
Plants are grown in 3.5-inch pots. Height will vary to time of season shipping.
- Fruits in early June
- Requires trellising if canes are not pruned
- Large fruit with good flavor
- Chilling requirement - 400 to 500 hours
- Excellent blackberry for wine production
- Good commercial production
- Grow in landscape with other shrubs and trees
- Cold hardy
- Thornless blackberry variety
- Yields approximately 2 to 4 quarts per vine
Rubus 'Arapaho' PP8510
How to Plant Blackberry Bushes
Arapaho Blackberry Tissue Culture plants are grown in 3. 5 inch pots and Quart Pots. Height will vary according to the time of year shipped. Plants are generally upsized into 3.5 inch pots in late winter so by May are in the 4 to 6 inch height range. By mid summer growth has kicked into full speed ahead with some plants getting upsized into quart pots.
Cannot ship to California addresses.
- Category: Fruit Plants, Blackberry Bushes
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Soil Condition: Well Drained
- Mature Height: 4 - 5ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|