Free gardening gloves when you spend $75.00 or more!
Baptisia australis or Blue False Indigo is an adaptable native perennial.
The blue flowers of the Blue Wild Indigo are long lasting. Named the Perennial Plant of the Year for 2010, the blue lupine like flowers bloom approximately 3 to 4 weeks in the spring.
The baptisia is an upright growing perennial that looks like a small flowering shrub during the growing season, but dies back to the ground in fall. Grows 3 to 4 feet tall and 3 to 4 feet wide.
Baptisia australis Blue False Indigo plants are vigorous growers, but not invasive.
- Blue flowers
- Spring Flowering
- Lupine like blooms
- Native wildflower plants
- Use as a larger border plant
- Great for cottage gardens
- Great for prairie gardens
- Grow in full sun
- 2010 Perennial Plant of the Year.
Baptista australis Blue False Indigo is grown in pint pots
Please note: this plant does not ship into ME, OR, CA, AZ.
- Category: Perennials, Perennial Plants
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Dry, Well Drained, Moist
- Bloom Season: Spring
- Bloom Color: Blue
- Mature Height: 3 - 4ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|