As summer settles in, the heat and, often, humidity stresses plants so they don't look as bright as we'd like.
Here are 11 plants that flourish during the heat of summer looking strong and bright in the yard.
- Pow Wow Wild Berry Coneflower - Rich pinks keep color summer to frost
- Lemon Ball Sedum - Neon yellow foliage holds color not only summer...but year round
- Little Lace Russian Sage - Fluffy purple blooms are gorgeous summer to frost
- Little Honey Hydrangea - Brilliant yellow to green foliage is showy all summer
- Winecraft Black Smoketree - Striking deep wine to black foliage with flower puffs during summer
- Shasta Daisy Becky - Pure white daisy flowers July to fall - excellent for cut flowers
- Black Lace Sambucus - Deep red almost black lacy foliage is a striking backdrop for grasses and smaller perennials
- Forever Red Heuchera - An evergreen perennial with red foliage shines in sun and part shade
- Blackeyed Susan Rudbeckia - Beautiful yellow flowers with dark centers summer to fall
- Lavender Plants - English and French lavenders bloom throughout much of the summer season
These plants are growing in containers and can be planted any time throughout the summer and fall season.