Caroline Raspberry Plants Tissue Culture
This fall fruit bearing (on primocane) is a red raspberry with exceptional flavor. A smaller grower (2 to 5 feet tall) and may require some trellising. Best in zones 5 to 9. A strong growing plant that is excellent for home gardens, local you pick operations, commercial growers.
- Grows 2 to 5 feet tall
- Flowers and fruits in fall on same year growing canes
- Has soft thorns
- Plant where shrub can have afternoon shade
- Perfect for commercial fruit grower
- Chill requirements - 300 hours
- Good fruit yields
- Berries mature September/October
- Self Fertile
Why are Tissue Cutlure grown fruiting plants exciting and why should should you choose to plant them?
- Consistent Quality - Tissue Culture produced plants are clones of the parent plants and have the same growing characteristics. That is why parent plant selection is key in Tissue Culture. The best of the best plants in each variety are chosed to be cloned.
- Vigor - Because Tissue Culture plants are continually in growth mode their first year, container grown TC plants don't stop growing until frosts hit in fall.
- Superior Branching - Selecting the best of the best for parent stock allows for choosing plants of the vareities that produce stronger branching for more blooms and heavier crops.
- True to Type - Tissue Culture is where plants are reproduced or cloned in a lab to create the exact same plant as the parent plant.
Rubus 'Caroline' PP10,412
Caroline Raspberry is currently growing in 3.5 inch pots.
Height will vary according to the time of year shipped. Plants are generally upsized into 3.5 inch pots in late winter so by May are in the 4 to 6 inch height range. By mid summer growth has kicked into full speed ahead with some plants getting upsized into quart pots.