Thornless Blackberry Ouachita Bushes
The Ouachita Blackberry is our newest large, sweet thornless blackberry bushes bred by the University of Arkansas. The Thornless Ouachita Blackberry has very upright and erect canes. It has excellent blackberry flavor and is very prolific.
The fruit storage and handling potential of the Ouachita Blackberry (Pronounced wash-uh-taw) is very good and comparable to the Navaho; hardiness similar to other Arkansas thornless berries.
Ouachita Blackberry ripening begins approximately June 12 (based on the Clarksville, Arkansas area) and their fruiting extends for about five weeks. Ripening season is between that of Arapaho and Navaho blackberries.
Excellent Quality - High Yielding.
Begins bearing fruit in 2 years
Estimated Fruit Yield: 2 to 4 quarts per vine.
2 yr #1 plants - Zones: 5-9
Check out our container grown tissue culture Ouachita Blackberry Plants.
Ouachita Blackberry Plants are shipped as:
- 2 Yr plants bare root - 1 Plant (ships November for fall - March & April for spring)
- Container Grown Tissue Culture Plants
Note: Cannot ship this item into California
- Category: Fruit Plants, Blackberry Bushes
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun
- Soil Condition: Well Drained, Moist
- Mature Height: 4 - 5ft
- Growth Rate: Fast-Growing
- Planting Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - 10||11 - Unlimited|