Pieris japonica Interstella® Evergreen Flowering Shrub
Few flowering shrubs grow in full shade. You will find this Pieris japonica to be a welcoming shrub in your woodland garden or full to part sunny spaces. An early bloomer, the Japanese Pieris begins the year in late winter with bell shaped ruby colored flowers which last up to 2 months. Then the new growth begins with bronze to red foliage changing to deep green as they mature. The Interstella® grows in full sun, part sun and full shade.
- Grows in zones 5 to 8
- Reaches 3 to 4 feet height
- Deer resistant
- Broadleaf evergreen flowering shrub
- Only prune as needed to shape and remove damaged branches
- Also known as Japanese andromeda
Interstella® Pieris japonica 'FARROWPJRF' USPP 31,866, Can PBRAF
New spring foliage
Pieris japonica Interstella® is grown in quart pots.
Plants ready for shipping Spring 2022.
- Category: Shrubs, Boxwood Alternatives, Flowering Shrubs, Privacy Hedge Shrubs, Evergreen Shrubs
- Plant Type: Evergreen
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial, Full Shade
- Soil Condition: Well Drained
- Bloom Season: Spring
- Bloom Color: Red
- Mature Height: 3 - 4ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8
|Quantity||1 - 4||5 - Unlimited|