Iris x Louisiana 'Red Velvet Elvis'
The richness of the blooms of the Red Velvet Elvis will certainly be enjoyed. Deep velvet red to burgundy and purple blooms begin appearing around early May to June/July.
Bloom colors are generally dictated by their planted location along with the time of day and lighting. The lighting may show a deep red while others, such as our location above shows blooms more of a purple shade.
As with other Louisiana variety Irises, the Red Velvet Elvis can be planted in well drained to slightly damp soils. Once the plant has bloomed and the foliage begins to fade. Clip the yellow foliage to a couple inches above the ground in late summer.
Red Velvet Elvis Iris is grown in a pint size pot.
- Category: Perennials, Perennial Plants, Irises
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Well Drained, Moist
- Bloom Season: Spring, Summer
- Bloom Color: Purple, Red
- Mature Height: 2 - 3ft
- Growth Rate: Medium-growing
- Planting Zone: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
|Quantity||1 - 5||6 - Unlimited|