Black Gum | Nyssa sylvatica
Commonly called Black Tupelo, this slow growing tree is an excellent choice for a landscape shade tree and street tree. A North American native tree, the Black Gum will also grow in moist woodland areas for naturalizing. Excellent for using as a pollinator for bees and other insects.
Thank you to Howcheng for the use of his photo (above) of Black Gum leaves in fall color.
Jean-Pol GRANDMONT - thanks so much!
Black Gum is available in 1 pot sizes:
- Quart Pot - 1 Plant
- 3 Gallon Pot Sizes - Plants will be removed from pot and bagged for shipping. (not available at this time)
Orders shipping to CA and AZ addresses will be root washed before being prepped for shipping.
- Category: Trees, Container Grown Trees, Shade Trees, Flowering Trees
- Plant Type: Deciduous
- Light Requirement: Full Sun, Partial
- Soil Condition: Well Drained, Moist
- Bloom Season: Spring
- Bloom Color: White
- Mature Height: 30 - 50ft
- Growth Rate: Slow-growing
- Planting Zone: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
|Quantity||1 - 4||5 - Unlimited|